Monday, May 2, 2011

Wood Elf Showcase - Great Eagles - Completed.

Finally completed my Coolminiornot limited edition Great Eagles this weekend and thought I'd bombard the internet with various poorly taken pictures showing off my latest work.  I really, really enjoyed these models.  They were totally worth the cost, the time painting and all the bellyaching over what paint scheme to use.
Enough talking, you guys want to see pictures not walls of text.

I took photos with and without flash hoping to get the right amount of light and detail without washing the pictures and colors out.  I haven't set up my photo lab yet so kitchen table will have to do.
Enjoy:









Thanks!  Wood elves = done (except Eternal Guard for Ard Boyz but really? Who is going to care)

6 comments:

  1. These look beautiful! They make me want to start a Warhammer Fantasy army.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're not using the rider for anything? Or are they just going to be ground troops?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The riders may be used in the future for Glade Guard or I may magnetize them for riders later on. I don't particularly like the riders, I just really liked the eagles they came with =). The little saddles can also serve as "armor" for the eagles if people ask, plus it gives me a chance to add a little more color to the models to break up the browns that dominate the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on beautiful models.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why thank you. Spent a relaxing weekend at the beach painting those two and it seems to have paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How big are these compared to the games workshop great eagles? Would make an awesome gwahir if the scale fits!

    ReplyDelete