Monday, June 7, 2010

Eldar D-Cannon Weapon Support Batteries WIP

I recently obtained two of the new Support Weapon Battery kits from GW.  I know I'm an odd duck for voluntarily choosing to use the Support Batteries but I really, really dig them.  I've used every type of Heavy Selection in the Eldar Codex (not the Night Spinner since it's a. not in the codex and b. just came out) and I made the decision to put away my Fire Prisms and go back to basics.  i.e.  Dark Reapers, War Walkers and Heavy Weapon Support Batteries. 
The Heavy Weapon Support Batteries I will detail in another post when I go into tactics for the Eldar army and their unit choices.  In the meantime enjoy the WIP images for my new D-Cannons!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, like most of the new GW kits these look very clean. Are the weapons swappable? What is the partial circle below the assistant gunner? Was it made to put a base there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weapons are "sorta" swappable. Will require some dexterity to get them in and out of the guardians. The kit allows you to either a. field gunner separately on a base or b. glue him to the half circle cut out like I have. It's a fantastic kit, if I could justify the other 50 points I'd field another. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at the sprew on the GW site main gun base looks to be part of the sprew. What size in millimeters is that base it looks like an odd size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes on a 40mm base - which is odd considering it should really come on a 60mm base.

      Delete