In order to finish out my summer project, I saved the conversion of the Spellsinger on a Unicorn for last. I had originally wanted to get the metal version of this model but ended up buying 3 of the Reaper BONES version because they were 3 bucks each. Anyway, this model came with a bit of a learning curve as you have to properly prepare it before painting.
P3 Primer really is the best option as it will stick to the model without making it tacky. Anyway - I made a critical mistake while painting this model as I did not use Rakarth Flesh (or P3 Menoth White Base) as the basecoat but rather Celestial Grey. It made the model a bit darker in the recesses than I had originally planned but that's how things go.
I also waffled on the mane color, I had wanted to do a dark red with bright red highlights but ended up going with blue to match my Sisters of Thorn models.
Anyway - WIP pics: