Sunday, October 27, 2013

Enter De Bellis Antiquitatis

My gaming club has decided to take a brief departure form our standard Warhammer Fantasy gaming circuit and devote time to playing a different war game.  De Bellis Antiquitatis.  Historical Wargaming.



Our friend Tom has decided to run a map campaign where the seven of us shall be waging war across ancient Europe in hopes of conquering the ancient world.

I vowed I would never play DBA because I hated the scale however, after watching the first night's games I folded on this vow like a prom queen's virginity.

I went online to www.plasticsoldierreview.com/ and reviewed various 15mm or 1/70th scale miniature manufacturers.  I decided that Zvezda Miniatures out of Russia had the best choices available and I liked the detail they had in their models.



Since Jeremy was playing Bretons, I had originally decided to play Scots-Irish ( II/54) but since they were very similar to what Jeremy plays I chose to go with a different option...



Enter the Vikings!
I have chosen to play the Vikings from period III/40b.
My DBA army will consist of 11 blades and 1 unit of bowmen.
I purchased 2 boxes from Zvezda miniatures (who's Viking box comes with 41 models fyi - but I wanted enough axe wielding Vikings to full 11 blades worth) for under 30 bucks.

You may expect some WIP of my newest army project probably within the next few weeks.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment