Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Crimson Sigil

So the other day I posted my plans for an Ulthwe` Strike Force – The Company of the Damned.  Soon after I posted that army list, BoLS and a few other sites posted the new rumors for Eldar releases in 2013.  Chief amongst those rumors were talk concerning new plastic jetbikes and storm guardians.  I did a quick analysis and realized that I’d probably end up replacing half the units I just built within 7 months.  While I have no objection on blowing money on my hobby, I do have an objection to taking the time to paint a model only to replace it with a shiny new version of it within a year.
So with all that said, I decided to switch gears and look at an army that I have already purchased most of it already – The Dark Eldar.  I was a little bummed that I couldn’t fit Harlequins into my Eldar list so I was pleased when the idea of using them as allies surfaced while making this list.  I wanted to have a Succubus lead this army so I made the list as balanced as I could while still sticking to the theme I wanted.  The only regret is that I couldn’t fit a unit of Scourges into the list.  I really, really enjoy those models.
I will start construction on this list hopefully soon and playing some 6th edition games shortly after.  I still have to obtain a box of Kabalite Warriors and 2 more Raiders to have everything I need it appears.  Anyway, here is my 2000 point Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies list. 




[W40K] The Crimson Sigil - Dark Eldar 2000

Lady Ilshadriel Nethsema ( 80 pts)
1 Succubus, 80 pts ((C:DE, pg. 85); Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Independent Character; Dodge (4+); Wychsuit; Splinter Pistol; Combat Drugs; Plasma Grenades; Power Sword; Warlord)

Elite: 9 Hekatrix Bloodbrides (255 pts)
8 Hekatrix Bloodbrides, 255 pts ((C:DE, pg. 88); Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Dodge (4+); Splinter Pistol & CCW; Combat Drugs; Plasma Grenades; Wychsuit; Shardnet & Impaler x3; Haywire Grenades)
1 Syren ((Character); Splinter Pistol; Haywire Grenades; Plasma Grenades; Agoniser)
1 Raider ((C:DE, pg. 91); Vehicle (Fast, Open-topped, Skimmer); 10 model capacity; Night Vision; Dark Lance x1; Jink)

Elite: 5 Incubi (175 pts)
5 Incubi, 175 pts ((C:DE, pg. 86); Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Incubus Warsuit; Klaive)
1 Venom ((C:DE, pg. 91); Vehicle (Fast, Open-topped, Skimmer); 5 model capacity; Night Vision; Splinter Cannons (x2); Flickerfield; Jink)

Fast Attack: 3 Reavers (81 pts)
3 Reavers, 81 pts ((C:DE, pg. 91); Jetbike; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Skilled Rider; Wychsuit; Close Combat Weapon; Splinter Pistol; Combat Drugs; Reaver Jetbike; Bladevanes x3; Splinter Rifle x2; Blaster x1; Hammer of Wrath; Jink; Relentless)

Heavy Support: Ravager (115 pts)
1 Ravager, 115 pts ((C:DE, pg. 92); Vehicle (Fast, Open-topped, Skimmer); Night Vision; Aerial Assault; Dark Lance x3; Night Shields; Jink)

Heavy Support: Ravager (115 pts)
1 Ravager, 115 pts ((C:DE, pg. 92); Vehicle (Fast, Open-topped, Skimmer); Night Vision; Aerial Assault; Dark Lance x3; Night Shields; Jink)

Heavy Support: Razorwing Jetfighter (155 pts)
1 Razorwing Jetfighter, 155 pts ((C:DE, pg. 93); Vehicle (Flyer); Night Vision; Aerial Assault; Dark Lance x2; Monoscythe Missile x4; Splinter Cannon x1; Skyfire; Supersonic)

Troops: 5 Kabalite Warriors (125 pts)
5 Kabalite Warriors, 125 pts ((C:DE, pg. 89); Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Splinter Rifle x4; Kabalite Armour; Blaster x1)
1 Venom ((C:DE, pg. 91); Vehicle (Fast, Open-topped, Skimmer); 5 model capacity; Night Vision; Splinter Cannons (x2); Flickerfield; Jink)
 
Troops: 5 Kabalite Warriors (125 pts)
5 Kabalite Warriors, 125 pts ((C:DE, pg. 89); Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Splinter Rifle x4; Kabalite Armour; Blaster x1)
1 Venom ((C:DE, pg. 91); Vehicle (Fast, Open-topped, Skimmer); 5 model capacity; Night Vision; Splinter Cannons (x2); Flickerfield; Jink)

Troops: 10 Kabalite Warriors (170 pts)
10 Kabalite Warriors, 170 pts ((C:DE, pg. 89); Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Splinter Rifle x9; Kabalite Armour; Splinter Cannon x1)
1 Raider ((C:DE, pg. 91); Vehicle (Fast, Open-topped, Skimmer); 10 model capacity; Night Vision; Dark Lance x1; Splinter Racks; Jink)

Troops: 10 Kabalite Warriors (170 pts)
10 Kabalite Warriors, 170 pts ((C:DE, pg. 89); Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Splinter Rifle x9; Kabalite Armour; Splinter Cannon x1)
1 Raider ((C:DE, pg. 91); Vehicle (Fast, Open-topped, Skimmer); 10 model capacity; Night Vision; Dark Lance x1; Splinter Racks; Jink)
 
Allies
HQ: Farseer (145 pts)
1 Farseer (HQ) [EL], 145 pts ((pp.26, 28 & 60 Eldar); Psyker (2);  Doom ;  Fortune ; Fleet; Ghosthelm; Rune Armour; Runes of Warding; Spirit Stones; Shuriken Pistol; Witchblade; Independent Character)

Troops: 5 Pathfinders (Rangers) (120 pts)
5 Pathfinders (Rangers) (Troops) [EL], 120 pts ((pp.38 & 64 Eldar); Fleet; Infiltrate; Move Through Cover; Stealth; Ignore Difficult Terrain; Pathfinder Stealth; Scouts; Shuriken Pistol x5; Ranger Long Rifle)

Elite: 6 Harlequin Troupe (166 pts)
4 Harlequin Troupe (Elite) [EL], 166 pts ((pp.48-49 & 63 Eldar); Fleet; Flip Belts; Furious Charge; Hit & Run; Holo-Suit; Close Combat Weapon x2; Harlequins Kiss x2; Shuriken Pistol x4; Hallucinogen Grenades)
1 Shadowseer [EL] (Character; Psyker;  Veil Of Tears ; Fleet; Flip Belts; Furious Charge; Hit & Run; Holo-Suit; Close Combat Weapon; Shuriken Pistol; Hallucinogen Grenades)
1 Troupe Master [EL] (Character; Power Sword; Fleet; Flip Belts; Furious Charge; Hit & Run; Holo-Suit; Shuriken Pistol; Hallucinogen Grenades)

 
If I were to ditch the Farseer and Pathfinders, I'd more than likely include a 5 man unit of Scourges and a unit of Wyches on foot.  That said however, I like the use of allies in this list.

Ok I'm out!  Feel free to leave comments concerning this list.  I wouldn't mind reading some recommendations or thoughts concerning the Dark Eldar in 6th edition.

3 comments:

  1. Disappointing not to see you bring the Eldar out again Sylvos, but understandable. I've been reading up on the latest Eldar rumours myself - it might even persuade me to take up 40K again and break out the Eldar army I bought years ago and never built!

    Dark Eldar are almost as good though, so looking forward to seeing how you get on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Beithir, I'll be bringing them out at some point but at this point it's just difficult to rationalize playing them unless I use my 5th ed. list which as we both know would probably not do as bad as I think it would. The issue with units not being able to assault the turn they disembark is rough for the Storm Guardians and Wave Serpent Council. Who knows, maybe in the next codex the game designers will have heard the cries of Eldar players everywhere and they put a 10 man assault transport in there!

      Delete
  2. I'm really liking this list, and it's definitely a shame that you can't get some Scourges on the board. They're fantastic models and it's pretty amazing what a pair of Haywire Blasters can do during the course of a game.

    ReplyDelete