Sunday, August 22, 2010

There is unrest in the forest, there is trouble with the Trees...

I have now finally completed the conversion work I had planned for my Wood Elf army.  In the beginning I had wanted to have the following:
1. 10 Converted Wild Riders using Privateer Press Raptor Mounts - complete
2. 3 Warhawk Riders from Gamezone w/ GW Tree bases - complete
3. 2 Great Eagles from Gamezone w/ GW Tree bases - complete
4. 2 units of Glade Guard customized and converted with both dynamic poses and multi-basing - complete!

Now that I have finished doing my silly conversion work, I thought I would go ahead and show off what I have done!  I have a game with my new/updated 2500 point list Wednesday against my buddy Larry and his Bloodthirster led Daemons of Chaos.  Everyone asks me why I want to play against such ass-beater armies and the answer is simple.  The harder the list I play against and the better player I play against, the better I become. I do not want to compete in a tournament where I have a team depending on my score if I have not put in the effort to learn how to play against all armies.  Plus, I enjoy a tough game.  I don't have any illusions about being able to beat really hard lists, especially since my list isn't built to be really competitive but fun.
Anyway - here are some images of the 2 Glade Guard units I will be bringing with me.


So there you have it.  I have had a lot of fun putting this army together and hopefully I can start painting it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment