Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Retribution of Scyrah - Moros WIP and Blood Bowl Report

Thus far my episodes into Bloodbowl have been how do you say ... less than fruitful.  I am currently 1 Win and 3 Losses with the Athel Loren Crimson Tide but hey... I'm new so it's ok.

So let's examine first my opinions on Blood Bowl.

It took me a while to realize that causing casualties is a pretty important part of the game, especially in league play.  I also had to wrap my mind around the concept of fouling.  Fouling isn't cheating, it's a mechanic in the game.  Blood Bowl is a brutal and lethal game and I was not playing it as such.  I was focused on running plays and scoring touchdowns - like you would in a normal Football game.  Now that I have a better understanding of what is expected, I am able to make better decisions moving forward.

Achievements:
Thus far - I have learned how to set up the pass pretty well and I'm getting better at dumping receivers into the backfield.

Failures:
I am still struggling with defense.  I have not yet learned how to properly box players and break cages.  I am also allowing myself to take way too many unnecessary hits during a game that should be avoided.  Once I have figured out how to minimize my dice rolling and maximize my opponents, I feel I'll be much better.

Annoyances:
So I ordered a team from Black Scorpion Miniatures.  It's the Wood Elf team for lack of a better description.  As I was painting these models I noticed that there were way too many imperfections and miscasts on this team.  The faces are too thin and pinched which give them a gaunt and squished appearance.  The bodies have far too many pits, uneven surfaces and rough casts to make painting them remotely enjoyable.

I have ordered more metal models from various providers and we'll see how things turn out.

Now Moros...

As I wait for Fantasy to come out with a new edition and for my Eldar Farseer edition to arrive, I will assemble my brand new Moros light myrmidon from Warmachine!


As you can see it comes in both metal and resin pieces.  None too bad and with the exception of a slight casting issue that was easily fixed with a hobby knife, the model was very well done.



The model despite it's numerous pieces, was easy to assemble and pin.  I am pleased that this metal model was much better to assemble than the last few from Privateer Press.

I'll be priming and painting up many of the Retribution as I paint both my Blood Bowl and my Eldar army in the next few months.

Updates will come!

No comments:

Post a Comment