Birth of a new Podcast! Enter ... The Deployment Zone!
A few weeks back a friend of mine asked me (John) if I would be interested in doing a podcast about gaming. I looked at him as if he were insane because I couldn’t imagine anyone wanting to listen to me for five minutes more a less several hours. Josh convinced me that it would be so we decided to move forward with the idea and ended up purchasing the equipment from the good gentlemen that ran the Waaghcast! We also ended up inviting another friend of ours, Bryan, to join us and so the Deployment Zone podcast was born!
It took us a few weeks but we finally managed to get together and write out an outline and record the test episode which we aptly dubbed…Episode 0. We had a good time recording it and after listening to it, we’ve discovered what we need to do to make it flow better and provide a well rounded podcast to listeners.
The Deployment Zone is available here:
I encourage folks to listen to it and leave some comments either here or on the website. If you can get past listening to me rambling on and on, then you may just enjoy it! We’ll be discussing Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40k, Hordes, Warmachine, Malifaux, and other games as well as reporting on the Pacific Northwest’s tournament scene. You’ll also hear about battle reports (and some of them won’t involve rambling!) and army list comparisons. I’ll be linking many of the blog’s battle reports and the podcast together here using Battle Chronicler.
Once we have a few episodes recorded we’ll move on to I-tunes for easier downloading. We'll be recording Episode 1 this up and coming Monday and it's going to be rad...yes...I said RAD.
Thanks for listening!
Now digressing from the post a little bit and going on to what I’ve been doing lately.
I’ve managed to accomplish the following Gaming tasks in the last two weeks and I’ll be providing a battle report this weekend of my game this up and coming Saturday as well as pictures of what I’ve modeled/painted.
1. Battled and defeated The Empire with my Beastmen.
2. Set up a game against High Elves this weekend – Wood elves may make an appearance.
3. Rewrote my Beastman list again to be friendlier at 2500 and 3000 points.
4. Bought and assembled a Chaos Spawn
5. Painted the Mage Hunter Strike Force for Warmachine
6. Read Guardians of the Forest by Graham McNeill.
7. Assembled my new Spellweaver (plastic dark elf spellcaster model to now be convereted).
8. Purchased another box of Ungors and Minotaurs – hehe…
9. Obtained 34 Tanith Imperial Guard models...wtf?
You’ll see updates from those in the next couple posts.