Sunday, August 7, 2011

Warhammer 40k Ard Boyz 2011 - Ulthwe` Eldar List

Ah, tournament day.
The feeling of sleep deprivation cause you had to get that one unit finished last night.
The gritty sensation in your eyes because you just can't wake up.
The constant yawning...
The coldness of the shower because you were so tired when your girlfriend woke you up that you didn't turn on the hot.
The bone-jarring sensation of being hit with ice cold water!
The praying that your dice don't suck.
Finally, the mad scramble to figure out where the hell you left your army last night.

TOURNAMENT DAY!!!

Anyway - I'm super tired and feel like an idiot for staying up til 3 when I had to be at the gamestore at 9 for Ard Boyz.  Here's my list for today - if I'm awake I'll try my best to do some battle reports.

Eldrad
Yriel
8 Warlocks (1 enhance, 1 embolden, 2 destructor, 4 normal)
Wave Serpent w/ Star Engines and TL Shuriken Cannons

10 Storm Guardians w/ 2 Flamers
Warlock w/ Enhance and Singing Spear
Wave Serpent w/ Star Engines and TL Shuriken Cannons


10 Storm Guardians w/ 2 Flamers
Warlock w/ Enhance and Singing Spear
Wave Serpent w/ Star Engines and TL Shuriken Cannons

5 Pathfinders

10 Wraithguard
Spiritseer w/ enhance and singing spear

10 Harlequins w/ 2 kiss, 1 fusion blaster
Troupe Master
Death Jester
Shadowseer

3 Warwalker w/ 2 Scatter Lasers

5 Dark Reapers
Exarch w/ EML and Fast Shot

2 D-Cannon support platforms


Army is divided up into 2 major wings, we'll see how it rolls out today.

Rolls out....ha!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting list...so how did you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, ended up getting 5th. I had a bye the first game and screwed up in the 2nd game where I should have contested the center objective which would have resulted in a draw rather than minor loss. That would have caused a huge change up in the scoring and changed the top 5. I also had some seriously bad dice rolls game 3 - so all in all it was fine.
    I am finding that I am preferring the ruleset for WHFB more and more over 40k. Part of my disenfranchisement is in part due to the age of the codex and the "new hotness" of all the space wolf/blood angel/grey knight/dark eldar armies - where it's hard competing with a small model count and S3/T3 and no armor. Then again I could just be snarky cause I'm more interested in fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 40k fluff, but the game really doesn't do anything for me :-( So I know how you feel :-)

    ReplyDelete