Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New Eagles ordered for the Great Hunt

I'm a big fan of Games Workshop's models.  I think they do a really good job, especially on their newer releases.  However I saw this model at http://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/ and had to buy it to replace my existing Great Eagles in my Wood Elf army.  I really, really like the look of this eagle model and I wish I had seen it before obtaining the alternate models I already have for my Great Eagles.
This is a limited edition run so I ordered 2.




I'll be assembling and painting these two (minus rider of course) very soon and you'll definitely see some blog updates of their progress.  Next update I'll post my WIP Doombull and Minotaurs in my Beastman army.

If you want to see more images of this model go to this link here.
There is another model I will be getting very soon as well to use for my Spellweaver in 3000 point games which is located here.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I am buying my first Great Eagle tomorrow, second hand. This one: http://www.gamemaniacs.se/uploadedImages/hi_res/GZ03-56.jpg

    The one you are buying is actually extremely nice-looking. Does it have a base that is compatible with GW standards?

    Since your last post, I have won the rematch against the Goblins, but after that I have had much to do and a little hard to find a willing opponent (people don't seem to want to play players they don't know very well).

    By the way, I have some sketched ideas for a 500 point and a 1000 point list. What do you think?

    500 points:

    Noble with light armour, shield, steed, spear, Hail of Doom Arrow

    15 Dryads

    3 Tree Kin


    1000 points:

    Level 2 Spellsingerwith Lore of Athel Loren and Talisman of Preservation

    20 Glade Guard with full command and Aech - the Banner of Springtide

    12 Dryads


    I hope you keep updating! (I have actually begun to write a bit on an own blog, but since I write in Swedish, that might be a little hard to comprehend.) ;)

    6 Tree Kin

    ReplyDelete